Applying for a residence permit in Turkey
Foreign nationals who come to Turkey with a visa or visa exemption may stay in Turkey for a maximum of 30, 60 or 90 days. Foreigners who wish to stay longer than the given time are required to obtain a residence permit in Turkey.
Residence Permit in Turkey:
Everything you need to know in 2015:
Valid from 18 May 2015, the application or renewal of the residence permit with just one click!
First you have to fill out the documents that you have in the online application:
1. A valid tourist or residence permit / work permit - Your passport must be valid for at least 60 days beyond the expiration date of the permit you requested. With the exception of the long-term residence permit).
2. A biometric passport photo to upload to the website. - You can also take pictures of yourself at home. You just have to make sure that the photo is clearly visible. (Please check the appropriate requirements for an explanation of what the photo should look like to make it "biometric.")
- This photo has to be taken within the last 6 months.
- The photo must be the same as the photos you submit with the other required documents to submit your application.
3. Your passport and existing residence permit if you have one (for reference).
4. Photocopies of passports information / photo page and the page where your visa states for your last day of entry.
5. Capital verification from a Turkish bank for a period of 12 months i.H. from 500, - € per month, that is 6.000, - € per person.
6. A printout from the online form you have completed. 7. Proof of health insurance. You can get the medical insurance for the whole time you need for a residence permit in Turkey.
of your address. For this a copy of the signed contract between the landlord and himself is needed. This copy must also be notarized. If you are a subtenant, you will have to register with your
roommate either at the notary or your local village elder "Muhtar" or "Nüfus ve Vatandaşlık İşleri Genel Müdürlüğü" office, and at the same time receive
proof of your address.
First time applying for a residence permit
- If you apply for a long-term residence permit, after meeting the requirements, you should use the first application option. - If this is your first time application, you'll need to make an appointment to get to the office. - If you are to renew, do not have to arrange an appointment and go to the office. You can do all your transactions online and by mail.
Applicants should apply for Residence Permit (RP) application before the tourist visa expires.
1. Visit the DGMM (Directorate General of Migration Management) Website www.goc.gov.tr (if required, select the language version German)
2. Click E-Resident
3. Complete the online application form.
- Select "Application for renewal" if you simply wish to renew an existing STRP, Family Residence Permit (FRP) or Student Residence Permit (SRP). Select the "first login" for all other cases.
- Choose the type of residence permit. (Long-term residence permits are only available if you had a "blue book".)
- Fill in all the details (the fields marked in red must be completed, the black boxes are optional).
- In the next stage, the documents that you have prepared are required of you.
- Select an appointment with date and time.
- You will get the confirmation of your application on the screen. Given is an application reference number. Print this number if possible. You must also click on the link "Application document residence permit". Click.
4. Prepare all appropriate certificates. Depending on when you're ready to renew or with a first time application for your appointment, consider it.
5. Visit the Directorate General for Migration Management with the appropriate certificates.
6. Pay attention to the evaluation of the application. If there is any missing document, you have 30 days to submit the document and submit the application. At the end of the 30 days, if the missing documents are not submitted, then the application is withdrawn, this leads to a penalty fee.
7. If your application is accepted, you will receive proof of registration documents. Your residence permit will be sent to the Turkish postal system at your address in Turkey within 90 days.
8. They are sent by the Post Office (PTT) with a barcode number. You can track the delivery status with this barcode number.
- If your application for a residence permit is unsuccessful, the DGMM (Directorate General for Migration Management) will contact you.
- Once your application has been approved on the online system, you can legally stay in Turkey until the expiration date.
Extensions of residence permits in Turkey
Follow the first 5 steps (as for initial applications), then:
Send your application by post / courier to the Directorate General for Migration Management (Göç İdaresi Genel Müdürlüğü) in your city where you live.